SHARE

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

POEM: WHAT IS DEATH?


I am standing by the roadside.
A car drives by with a female driver in it.
She is an object and I stand watching her.
Till at last she fades from the horizon,
And someone at my side says, “She is gone! She is gone!” 
Gone where?
She is only gone from my sight, that is all;
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in her;

And just at that moment, someone at my side says, "She is gone",
There are others who are watching her coming,
And other voices take up a glad shout,
"There she comes! There she comes!" 
That is Death.

I don’t believe in death
Who comes in silent stealth.
He robs only our breath.
Not our lifetime’s wealth.

I don’t believe the tomb
Imprisons us in earth.
It’s just another loving womb
Preparing our new birth.

I believe when we die, only then
In joy that never ends
We’ll meet all those we’ve loved, again
And celebrate our friends.

I'm not afraid to die
Death is my holiday.
If i go before you, just say bye.
We'll meet when you come for your holiday.

Composed By: Mr-Jaytee Adaidu
Share the message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.