SHARE

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Putting an end to the molestation of young girls in Nigeria

I am continually challenged with the number of
r*pe and mutilation stories I come across daily. The
sordidness of this stories range from shocking
details of r*pe of girls as young as 3 months of age!
Why is it that every man feels he must r*pe a girl at
least once in his life time? One aspect of this stories
that never ceases to horrify me is that a man is
capable of defiling a girl who calls him “daddy”
A very recent incident is that of the Light of Hope
Orphanage in Akute area of Ogun State, Nigeria.
One of the orphans, 14 year old Atinuke (not real
name) said Atunde (who runs the
facility),popularly referred to as daddy, by the
inmates started sleeping with her at the age of 10.
According to her, “Daddy started sleeping with me
when I was 10. On one occasion, when he has
sleeping with me, I ran into another room but he
chased me and warned me never to run away from
him again”.
Even someone with no sense of imagination would
be fired to replay this horrid scene in his senses.
Imagine an older man pouncing about a little girl
like a lion with its prey.
The worst of it is the leniency with which this
monstrosity is often treated especially in Nigeria.
Each time r*pe cases are filed to the police, the
accused is temporarily celled and bailed within 24
hours! So monsters in human skin keep parading
Nigerian streets.
Maybe authorities are so lenient because every man
is a potential defiler and since 80% of all affairs are
officiated by men worldwide, empathy for exposed
defilers is bound to occur. If you don’t agree with
me, what then do you assume is the legit reason for
denying r*pe victims adequate justice and re-
dress?
posted by Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.